Mixed bean chilli
This vegetarian chilli is not only meat-free and tasty-heavy, but it also super easy to prepare.
- Fennel, chopped
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 garlic gloves
- 150ml red wine
- 150ml water
- Ground cumin
- Red chilli, chopped
- Courgette, chopped
- Red pepper, chopped
- 400g can of mixed beans
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
1. Heat the oil in the saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Add the fennel, chilli, garlic and cumin for a few minutes.
3. Add the courgette and red pepper and stir.
4. Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, beans, wine, water.
5. Bring to a boil and simmer for 40 minutes.
6. Taste and add salt and pepper as required. Stir in the coriander and serve.